If I asked you to list the most important aspects of a healthy life what would you say? Probably eating well, exercising, and maybe taking time to yourself. This is what most people think, and it is in part true. But just in part. There are many more pieces to our lives that directly or indirectly influence our health. Ever see a person that eats perfectly, works out daily, and still can’t lose the weight? Here are a few of the keys to optimal health and wellness that are often times neglected but are indeed important. These are great places to begin when you are unsure or confused as to why you just don’t feel good or can’t reach your health goals. These keys are used by integrative nutrition health coaches worldwide.
- Career: Having a fulfilling career is so so important. If you wake up everyday miserable and stressing about spending the next 8-12 hours of your day doing meaningless tasks that don’t align with your values, your body and mind will suffer. How can you be an angry person all day at work and then be sweet as pie when you get home? You can’t. That energy travels with you into your home and touches your family. Look for ways you can improve your work life by changing positions, jobs, or duties. Take charge of your life, it’s short. You should NOT be doing something you hate.
- Spirituality: I find it imperative to get some quiet time for my mind. Have you ever had one of those days when you just can’t relax? Your head is spinning with a million thoughts and your body is tense in response. This is a perfect opportunity to meditate. Sit in silence, focus on your breathing, let you mind clear. Let it wander but don’t follow the thoughts. I have created a short guided meditation in the video below that you can use anywhere and anytime. Meditation has been proven to reduce stress, headaches, and increase memory and brain function at the very least. Give it a try.
- Social Life: Are you making time to go out and have fun with friends and family? Having a life outside of work and responsibilities is really important for your well being. It gives you a chance to recharge your batteries and enjoy yourself. I always feel better after a night out with the girls!
- Happiness: Are you happy? This question may seem trite, but it holds powerful possibilities. You can’t possibly have good health without happiness and the other way around. Here is what I’ve learned about happiness. You can’t find happiness outside of yourself. It is all about your inner well being. You may think that getting a shiny new car will bring you happiness, but in reality, if you feel sadness and guilt about a relationship, that new car will not fix it! It is ok to desire material things, we are only human (and if you are subscribed to my newsletter list you will soon learn how to manifest all of your desires). Find the outer things that make you happy but also work on yourself from the inside out so that you can find happiness in any situation.
- Finances: Ah yes, money. Is anyone really content with the amount of money that they have? If you have kids then the answer is definitely NO. Instead of complaining, make changes. I highly recommend Kate Northrup’s book “Money: A Love Story”. It is honest and sweet. This book is fantastic for getting control of your financial life. Women, don’t wait for your husband to take care of it. Dive in and figure it out. Stay tuned for my manifesting guidebook to learn how to think your way to financial freedom 🙂 The point here, is for you to acknowledge if you are not happy with your financial situation and take charge.
- Education: I LOVE learning. Learning gives you a sense of wonder, excitement, and knowledge (of course). As many of you already know, I am a self-improvement junkie. I have tons of books and am continuously learning about health and well being. Where do your interests lie and how can you learn more? There are tons of books on every subjects, seminars, webinars, podcasts, YouTube videos, and gurus out there ready to teach you ANYTHING. (and I mean anything!) Explore!
- Home environment: Your home is a reflection of you. When my home is messy and unorganized, my brain tends to be as well. When I feel like I have cleaning to do, I am uneasy. Take time to do these things daily so that they don’t pile up. You will feel so much better once the task is complete and you can move on to more important things (like taking time for yourself). Anyone that knows me knows that I am by nature, a little messy. Which may be why I am by nature, a little ADD. I am consciously working to change this and have already seen great results by making little changes. How can you improve in this area?
- Relationships: Lastly, relationships need nurturing. Spend time with the people you love. Show your love to them. Wayne Dyer says that to enhance love you have to give attention, affection, and appreciation. Isn’t this what everyone would like from the people they care about? Make a conscious effort to give your attention, affection, and appreciation to your spouse, kids, friends, co-workers, and family members. The more love you express to others the more you will receive in return (that’s the law of attraction-the universal law)
The main takeaway here is that you have to pay attention to all of the areas in your life not just your eating and exercising. For me, a common theme between all of these is passion. Passion has the ability to carry us from where we are to where we want to be. Have passion in everything you do and your well being will reach new heights. Don’t have it? Find it! Another book recommendation here for finding your passion: “The Fire Starter Sessions” by Danielle Laporte EXCELLENT!
Check out my meditation video below!
[video_player type=”youtube” width=”560″ height=”315″ align=”center” margin_top=”0″ margin_bottom=”20″]aHR0cDovL3d3dy55b3V0dWJlLmNvbS93YXRjaD92PTBVNXdrczFYNWxB[/video_player]
Awakening Road Map
download your Awakening Roadmap for some quick, practical guidance on:
+ developing your intuition
+prayers, clearings, rituals
+ incorporating daily practices for wellbeing
+ a spiritual book list
+ much more