It’s not what you think.
It’s not some crazy pagan witchcraft.
It’s actually quite amazing what you can do with a deck of tarot cards and some faith.
I found the tarot when I was looking for answers in my own life. I started to learn how to read for myself so that I could provide myself with some peace of mind and confirmation that I was on the right track in life. I began to love the cards and got more and more decks to play with.
So let me explain how it actually works, for me. I choose a question and a spread. Once I know the spread and shuffle the question into my deck, I pull out some cards. The cards get pulled at the perfect moment when I intuitively know that the gods have put them in the correct order depending on the spread. Then I read them! I use the imagery and my intuition to build a story for myself and others about the question that was asked. As I have developed and grown in my own spirituality, so have my psychic skills. Therefore I use more than just the cards now. I use my clairvoyance (clear seeing in my mind’s eye), clairaudience (clear hearing), claircognizance (knowing), and clairsentience (feeling) to decipher the messages for my clients. I find this additional level of clarity top be very helpful in receiving messages from my client’s spirit guides or deceased loved ones. You see the tarot isn’t just a one trick pony, it is a stepping stone to so much more.
Luckily, anyone can pick up a tarot deck and get clarity. Here’s how:
- Choose a deck you love like this one or this one.
- Knock all the old energy off by fanning the cards into salt water.
- Get to know each card by touching and looking at the imagery.
- Focus, get grounded, and relaxed
- Ask a clear and concise question (not a yes or no)
- Shuffle while thinking of your question
- Pull just ONE card when you feel ready
- Stare, examine, use your intuition (what words, images, or ideas pop into your head?), meditate on it and what it means to you
- Only after you have done the above should you consult the book that came with the cards.
How did you do? Tell me in the comments or share on Facebook!
Ready to let someone else read for you? I am currently running a special on all of my tarot readings on my Etsy store here .